2014-02-14 (14 FEB 2014) VERSION 4.2.3 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
* Update to fetch() utility, along with some very minor some cosmetic changes
2013-06-06 (06 JUN 2013) VERSION 4.0.2 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
Bart Braem (http://www.lalunerouge.net/) * Merged Bart Braem's implementation of timeouts and bumped up the version. Thanks, Bart! * Updated Rakefile to remove a bit of obsolescence
2012-02-09 (09 FEB 2012) VERSION 4.0.1 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
* Added os_version to connections. Upon successful connect and login, the RouterOS version is fetched and stored. This will allow future updates to better support some commands that differ (like fetch) depending on which RouterOS version is installed on the device.
2011-03-25 (25 MAR 2011) VERSION 4.0.0 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
* Per user suggestion, added a new optional cancel parameter to the MTik#command() method that will auto-cancel the supplied command after receiving the specified number of '!re' reply sentences. This is usful for executing a command that otherwise will not terminate, but will keep sending output perpetually if not canceled. * Spelling changes: :cancelled updated to :canceled This means anyone who checked the state of a request using :cancelled or 'cancelled' will need to update their code to check for :canceled instead. * Due to changing of spelling and adding a new parameter, I've bumped the major version number to 4.x in case any users code might break. This in spite of the fact that there are no major new features added. * I found 2-3 tiny bugs left over from the past change of request state from string to symbol and fixed those, updated error messages to reflect state as a symbol, eliminated a few redundant key?() calls, and fixed a replycounter initialization typo (had set it to 1 instead of 0).
2011-01-11 (11 JAN 2011) VERSION 3.1.2 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
* Added source file encoding comments and updated the copyright notices * Fixed a tiny bug in lib/mtik/connection.rb * Changed MTik::Request@state member in lib/mtik/request.rb to Symbol instead of String * Moved tikfetch.rb, tikcli.rb, and tikcommand.rb from examples/ to bin/ and removed the .rb suffix -- left tikjson.rb behind in examples/ * Renamed a few variables that, with warnings enabled, Ruby complained were overlapping or hiding outer variables of the same name to avoid the warning.
2010-12-30 (30 DEC 2011) VERSION 3.1.1 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
* Changed the tikfetch.rb utility so it no longer requires a destination filename by default--it will use the supplied URL's final path element as a filename. Also updated the stats output a bit.
2010-04-24 (24 APR 2010) VERSION 3.1.0 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
* Added find_sentences() method to MTik::Reply -- just sugar to Array.select() * Changed MTik::Connection.fetch() method to add an optional timeout parameter which should not affect the API and should be backward compatible. By default, there is no inactivity timeout for downloads. But if you set the timeout parameter to a positive number, when a reply arrives and no progress/activity has been made for timeout seconds, the command will be canceled. This should help with stalled downloads (i.e. the remote side has stopped sending but the TCP connection remains open/active). * Also add the MTik::Request object as a parameter to the MTik::Connection.fetch() method's callback so that a script could use the request object to cancel the command if needed. Due to this change, I decided to bump the version to 3.1.0. * Fixed RDoc formatting in several files, and added an RDocTask to the Rakefile
2010-04-23 (23 APR 2010) VERSION 3.0.5 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
* Double bug-fix (typo fix and logic fix) to request.rb thanks to Allan Eising and Søren Daugaard. Thank you both for the patch! * Added a brief sanity-check in request.rb to help spotlight logic errors.
2010-04-09 (09 APR 2010) VERSION 3.0.4 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
* Bug fix to lib/mtik.rb thanks to Allan Eising to the command validation regular expression to permit the '-' character in a command. Thanks!
2010-03-11 (11 MAR 2010) VERSION 3.0.3 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
* Bug fix to lib/mtik.rb command() method so when executing multiple commands response array order matches command array order. * Cosmetic change for hex encoding with a little simplification, and one very small readability change in lib/mtik/connection.rb
2010-02-05 (05 FEB 2010) VERSION 3.0.2 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com)
* Typo fixes to example tikfetch.rb * Multi-command functionality added to interactive client and to tikcommand.rb example * Removed kludge path stuff for author's broken FreeBSD Ruby 1.9.1 gem system * Removed lame JSON-ifier from example and switched to require 'json' instead
2010-01-19 (19 JAN 2010) VERSION 3.0.1 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com/)
* Added support for '/tool/fetch' 'requesting' state * Added auto-cancel of finished '/tool/fetch' command in MTik#command() * Added MTik::Request#cancel() method * Added MTik::Request#state() attr_reader (and new @state object property to replace the @completed boolean property) * MTik::Request objects now associate with the appropriate MTik::Connection object upon MTik::Connection transmitting the request to a device (which facilities) the MTik::Request@cancel() method * Removed gem root directory mtik.rb file that was acting as a kludge for the author's messed-up FreeBSD Ruby 1.9 installation * Renamed examples with a 'tik' prefix
2010-01-15 (15 JAN 2010) VERSION 3.0.0 Aaron D. Gifford (www.aarongifford.com/)
* Bumped the version to 3.0.0 due to modularization and gemification changes that break any software using the older Ruby API classes. * Split out (as separate files) and added a few more examples: cli.rb command.rb json.rb fetch.rb * Added VERSION.txt, CHANGELOG.txt, README.txt, LICENSE.txt, and *.gemspec files, moved the example files into the bin subdirectory